Re: [orca-list] date and time keybindings

Someone here mentioned that they thought that Orca should not change because
people want a free screenreader.
Let me tell everyone, I have introduced Ubuntu to the sighted, and Ubuntu
with Orca to the Blind, and in all cases, their interest was never in a free
operating system, but it was the idea of virus-free computing.  But in my
Blind users, in almost every instance , when they had to start using
different keystrokes, they said "to heck with it".
Sighted users I had try Ubuntu enjoyed the resemblance to windows, thus an
easy learning curve.
Someone mentioned voice over.  My experience here is that people who buy a
Mac have replaced their windows computer, and thus had a lot of money
invested, and at this point, the Mac was their main computer, so they had to
learn the keystrokes.  Its amazing what we can do when we have to.
But when people are exploring Linux for security reasons, and a bit of time
is all they have invested, you aren't going to get anyone won over except
the techies.  I would like to see more non techies using Linux and Orca, but
it will never happen if you allow the learning curve to be too steep.
Glenn

Database version: 6.14880