Re: [orca-list] Live regions in a non-web application?

Hi Carolyn.

I am one of the developers of Eclipse. I work on the SWT team. We are
trying to enable improved accessibility support for the next release
of Eclipse.

Awesome. BTW, thanks to you and your team for the super-fast turn around
time on providing fixes for some recent bugs filed by Orca users. I, for
one, really appreciate it.

This little test works with JAWS on Windows. But Orca does not
announce changes in the label. What is Orca looking for in this
situation? Is it possible that Orca only looks for live regions in web
applications or browsers?

That's what's going on. Orca's live region support was implemented for
Gecko a few years ago. I'm in the process of doing various and sundry
refactoring in Orca, and it sounds like I need to add generalizing live
region support to my list. :-)

Before I start learning Git and Python <grin>

Heheh. I was just thinking that I probably need to start learning
Eclipse. <grin> Perhaps we could meet in the middle somewhere.

Due to having a DayJob which is not, alas, working on Orca, I cannot
look into any of this at the moment. Having said that.... If you could
file a bug against Orca in GNOME's bugzilla about this issue, I'll add
it to my list.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for asking!
--Joanie, Orca maintainer/lead