Re: [orca-list] bingo! It's about time!

Well, I thought I had Alpine working, and I do on my wubi instalation on my desktop, but on my full blown Vinux machine on my Dell Inspiron, I tried it, and cannot get it working.  And being I dono what on earth I did over here to finally make it cooperate...

Chris.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 5:10 AM
Subject: re: [orca-list] bingo! It's about time!

 > I gotta run fetchmail first before starting alpine if I wanna check again for
> mail, but, that's a small price to pay.  I just wish I didn't have to quit
> the thing just to type fetchmail then bring alpine back up again.  again

I'm not sure if you're running from the gnome-terminal or one of the text consoles (reachable by pressing Ctrl +Alt + F1 through F6).

Have your tried using two terminals?  If you're on the desktop, and you're using alpine from the gnome-terminal and you want to run fetchmail, just open up a second terminal, run fetchmail then alt tab back to the termianl running alpine.

If you're in the text consoles (which require speakup and not orca) and you're running alpine but want to run fetchmil, you can alt arrow to the next console, log-in again and run fetchmail.

There are also way to send a running process to the background and re-activate it again, but I forget how to do that.

anyway, just an idea I'm not sure if you tried.  I haven't got around to using alpine myself yet, but when I get my linux machine finished set up, I plan to look into it.

hope this helps:-)