[orca-list] Accessibility of PDF documents

Dear all,

This is in continuation to our last communication related with Accessibility of Pdf document. As discussed last time, we have now completed the first prototype version of the same and we are making it available for your testing and valuable comments/feedback. As mentioned last time, we convert the PDF file into HTML format and open the same automatically in Firefox.

Enclosed with this email is the ReadMe file which explains the steps to download, install and run this enhancement. Please try out the same and give us your valuable feedback.

We have tested it at our end by different teams and have found that it works well in most cases. Some places where we feel work is required are as follows:
  • Sometimes Orca in not able to read header and footer of page
  • Some character combinations are displayed as garbage like 'ft', 'tt'
  • Content in table format is spoken by orca but it does not say the row and column reference. Means a user can not find out that orca is reading table content. (as orca does table reading in openoffice writer)
We are working on these. Waiting to hear more from all.

--
With warm regards,
Aparna R