Re: [orca-list] uppercase pitch staying as default orca 2.31.3 opentts

Hi, Steve.  To reproduce this problem, open Orca preferences, select
espeak, and set the pitch to 3.0, rather than the default of 5.0.
Also enable key echo, with alphanumeric characters checked.  Then open
gedit, and type a mix of upper case and lower case letters.  You'll
hear the upper case letters in a higher pitch, and it wont say
"capital".  I think this is the behaviour users like.  Next, arrow
over those same characters.  The word "capital" is redundant, because
we already hear a pitch change, so if we could get espeak not to say
"capital", that would be great.

Now go back to Orca preferences and set the pitch to 5.0.  Go back to
gedit and repeat the experiment.  You'll notice that the pitch never
changes for capital letters.

Bill