Re: [orca-list] broken accesibility (was help building at-spi)

greetings,
I feel I might have forgotten some important information in my previous post.  (1) I have a working braille display and found brltty to still be working in the text consoles. (2) I still have a backup archieve I made of the system in November.

After removing atk, at-spi an orca with "make uninstall" I tried re-installing the default packages from the hardy repositories.  Apt continually told me at-spi and atk were the newest installed, but I kept getting the "at-spi requested but not available message' on graphical log-in.

I restored from my backup archive and am now back up and running.  I am using the default orca2.22.1 that comes with Ubuntu hardy.

I am still interested in building orca on my machine.  CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THAT IF I attempt to retrieve atk, at-spi and orca again I will get the 2-22 branch and*not* the 2-29 branch as before?

gt clone git://git.gnome.org/atk atk
cd atk
git checkout -b origin/gnome-2-22
cd ../
gt clone git://git.gnome.org/at-spi at-spi
cd at-spi
git checkout -b origin/gnome-2-22
cd ../
gt clone git://git.gnome.org/orca orca
cd orca
git checkout -b origin/gnome-2-22

previously the problem appeared to start with at-spi.  Is there a way I can verify between the make and make install steps that I hav built the version of atk and at-spi I intended?  With orca, I think I could type "./orca --version" to confirm I have the right version before I commit it to my machine with "make install."  atk and at-spi aren't actual program names like orca, so how could I garentee to myself that make, made the correct version?

thanks in advance:-)