Re: [orca-list] broken accesibility (was help building at-spi)

Hi:

If you already have the 2.22 packages on your machine, rebuilding/installing them is, at best, going to give you the same thing you already have and, at worst, screw your machine up if you do something incorrectly. :-( So, if you cannot upgrade to a more recent version of Ubuntu (I'd highly recommend this since 2.22 is quite old and the Orca you will be using has nowhere near the functionality of Orca 2.28.x), I guess I'd recommend you refresh/reinstall the 2.22 packages from the Ubuntu servers.

For general GIT usage, you might take a look at http://live.gnome.org/Git/Developers

In looking at that page, it appears as though the "git checkout" commands you are using will not give you the results you expect. Instead of:

git checkout -b origin/gnome-2-22

You need to do:

git checkout -b gnome-2-22 origin/gnome-2-22

Note also that just running autogen.sh by itself is not going to be enough. You'll need to use --prefix, --libexecdir, and --sysconfdir options to get things to install to the proper locations. Hardy is quite old and I cannot remember the exact places it put things, so I can only guess that you might want:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib/at-spi

The libexecdir thing is going to be the one that's difficult to figure out. If the at-spi-registryd file is in /usr/lib/at-spi/at-spi-registryd, then the line I gave you above should work.

Hope this helps,

Will