Re: [orca-list] On the Profiles UI confusion

Hi

I'm about to do something which I alwlays tell people not to do and whihc I rarely do myself. That is, write about somehting that I've actually not looked at.

as I'm one of these timid Debian users, I've not tried the latest release with its profile things. But it seems to me that, if I understand it correctly, the whole confusion over editing vs activating might be eliminated by having two dialogues. The first would be used to select the active profile, and would have Edit and delete buttons in addition to OK and Cancel. You could also have Add, but it would probably make more sense to have a Save As i the editor for this instead. Or not.

In this way, the Edit button would bring up the dialogue with all the parameters and such, and would only be used for editing the profile. If you want to make it active, you'd select it in the other dialogue.

Just my 2c.

Geoff.