Re: [orca-list] Recommendation of Linux for Windows and Mac switchers

Michael Whapples <mwhapples aim com> wrote:
Here are the ways I know of installing debian:
* The standard debian installer CD has speakup on it, you must use
one of the speakup kernel options to start speakup. This requires a
hardware synthesiser.
* I think Samuel created a debian installer CD for debian which
contained espeakup so allowing the user to install with speakup and
software speech output.

Debian installation images include BRLTTY by default. Just connect a USB
braille display (or a braille display with a serial interface, in which case
you need to specify some boot options) and the entire installation process can
be carried out with a braille interface.