[orca-list] Recommendation of Linux for Windows and Mac switchers

Keep in mind I'm not an Orca screen reader user, and my attempts to use the magnifier weren't very successful (I use the magnifier built into Compiz Fusion). Some have asked "should I use Linux?" One person in particular is a screen reader user. I've been hesitant to recommedn Linux to them, because of it not being necessarily a "turn key" solution, and this is because of Orca, while usable, can sometimes be unpredictable from what I've heard. For instance, Virtual Box doesn't talk at all, while Bleach Bit talks just fine. What is your view on recommending Linux to someone who lacks the funds for the Mac but is begging to get out of  the Windows environment? As I said I personally have been hesitant to do this, especially with the new Unity interface just around the corner for Ubuntu.