Re: [orca-list] IMPORTANT: Testing needed for a patch to fix how Orca starts/restarts

Hey Steve, all.

Steve, with respect to this:

I just installed 2.30.2 and I still get the goofy pygtk messages.  I
slight variation here is I tried starting orca -v from a text console
like before but made sure orca wasn't running in gnome.  I did the
console tests from another terminal under my normal steve user account
instead of root; I didn't get any hangs with either 2.30.2 nor the new
patched version.

Does that mean that any goofiness and other problems you are seeing with
master + the patch you are also seeing with 2.30.2?

Or to put it another way:

Goofiness is bad; a hang is inexcusable. But one of my main questions at
the moment (for everyone) is: Does the patch introduce any regressions
or other unwanted behavior? If the problems are also in the stable
(2.30.2) branch, and the patch does not make anything worse, my
temptation would be to include it in 2.31.91. On the other hand, if the
patch introduces regressions that we cannot address with certainty, my
temptation would be to postpone making the changes in the patch until
after we branch for 2.32 (i.e. the patch would be part of what becomes
GNOME 3.0).

Thanks again! Take care.
--joanie