Re: [orca-list] IMPORTANT: Testing needed for a patch to fix how Orca starts/restarts

Hey Steve.

Thanks for trying this.

I just applied the patch and tested in a couple ways.  First I tried
from my root text console 'orca -v' and I got spiewed several gtk

Ugh. I'll take a look.

I then went to my regular user gnome session and opened a terminal
window to try it from there.  The desired output is shown OK but I
also get a bunch of other spurious messages from pygtk or some such.

Regarding this, and for that matter the first issue: Would it be
possible for you to repeat the tests in your same environment changing
nothing but the version of Orca? In particular, trying Orca v2.30.2.

Thanks either way. Take care.
--joanie