Re: [orca-list] IMPORTANT: Testing needed for a patch to fix how Orca starts/restarts

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 11:22:26PM -0400, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Regarding this, and for that matter the first issue: Would it be
possible for you to repeat the tests in your same environment changing
nothing but the version of Orca? In particular, trying Orca v2.30.2.

I just installed 2.30.2 and I still get the goofy pygtk messages.  I
slight variation here is I tried starting orca -v from a text console
like before but made sure orca wasn't running in gnome.  I did the
console tests from another terminal under my normal steve user account
instead of root; I didn't get any hangs with either 2.30.2 nor the new
patched version.  In all cases however, gnome was actually running on
my system.  It just occured to me, "What would happen if I try 'orca
-v' with gnome completely turned off?"

Nope, I just tried that and I still get the pygtk related messages.