Re: [orca-list] Orca and *nix distros

Hello,
Joannie, I have to agree that OpenSolaris is good, its just a shame about some of the hardware support (OpenSolaris lacks support for one piece of hardware which I find critical on either of my main computers, the intel graphics of my laptop which prevents X starting and the DMX6fire sound card of my desktop). Unfortunately it doesn't matter how good it is, if I can't get it running on my hardware its as good as useless to me. I hope the intel graphics issue can be sorted out as it was working in the last stable release and was broken in and since b130.

The only other thing I don't like is oracle's relationship with the community, there seems to be too many rumors (I do feel just rumors) floating about what oracle may do with OpenSolaris. May be oracle could come out a bit clearer about their intent and just stop these rumors dead.

Coming back to accessibility, well if Joannie uses OpenSolaris then a certain amount will be done to make sure it works. The other thing is to say that the more users on any given system, the more likely bugs will be found and found quickly.

Michael Whapples