Re: [orca-list] Orca and *nix distros

Bill Cox <waywardgeek gmail com> wrote:
I'll shamelessly plug Vinux, though I know there is much work done in
other distros.  Open Solaris, in particular, benefits from the long
efforts of Sun's old accessibility effort, and Joanie, the Orca lead,
develops in Open Solaris.

Recently switched to Ubuntu, I think.

The future of OpenSolaris remains uncertain - unlike the BSD's, the community
hasn't yet rewritten all of the binary-only, closed-source components to make
it truly free/open-source, and it isn't clear what direction Oracle will take
with it.