Re: [orca-list] Anybody using DECtalk (hardware or software) with Orca

Yeah, I know this was a big problem in the past when it came to
getting this stuff to work with Speakup.  You would think such
manufacturers of such devices would be apt to sell more units if they
would share the specs and get whoever to build drivers for any
platform, thus allowing this device to be compatible with more
platform, get it? I guess folks like Axol Solutions don't get it.
This seems to be a common problem with so many hardware makers; they
are scared someone might try and clone the hardware and I suppose
that's a valid concern but at the same time, software compatibility
suffers even more when specifications aren't publically available.

You know, if we could get something like speech dispatcher or open tts
to talk to a DEC or speakout via the serial or some other USB synths,
then Orca, emacspeak and even speakup would benefit.