Re: [orca-list] Anybody using DECtalk (hardware or software) with Orca

At the moment, I don't think so.  Orca presently works through
gnome-speech services and Speech Dispatcher.  Not sure if any other
systems are available.  I have heard of people using emacspeak servers
and one of them might work with DEC Talk USB.  I would like to see
OpenTTS be worked up to include some external synthesizer support and
I believe that OpenTTS will be the way to go in the future.  Reminder
that OpenTTS will be the future replace ment of Speech Dispatcher.  We
have some work to do to get Orca to recognize the new name but I think
we should head that way instead of sticking with whatever Brailcom
might fiddle with in the future.