Re: [orca-list] got loss of speech after exiting firefox
- From: Joanmarie Diggs <joanmarie diggs gmail com>
- To: Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com>
- Cc: orca-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [orca-list] got loss of speech after exiting firefox
- Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 17:39:56 -0400
On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 11:29 -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
I had one of these crashes yesterday afternoon and I captured some debug
logs and filed them with a bug; sorry, I forget the number off top of my
head but an easy to repro is to open a gnome terminal and start hitting
the keypad enter key.
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=598797 which is actually due
to a VTE bug/regression which I subsequently filed:
Yesterday I did two things on this front:
1. Checked in a work-around fix into Orca git master. This solves the
problem by not triggering the silly VTE regression. As I commented on
the bug you filed, it would be great if you could pull Orca git master
and let me know if this solves the problem for you.
2. Attached a patch to the VTE bug to undo their regression. Assuming
that (or a variant) gets accepted, it will also solve the problem for
subsequent GNOME releases. People who like to build everything from
source can certainly try it as well. :-)
Hope this helps. Take care.
] [Thread Prev