Re: [orca-list] Progress bar updates speak when not focused

On 03/05/2009 02:09 PM, Willie Walker wrote:
If you Alt+Tab away from the window and back to it, do the progress bars start presenting themselves?

No. I tested it by tabbing back to the Firefox window, back to the download window, then to gnome terminal, then back to the download window and never heard an update. I waited for 20-30 seconds in each window. I only received an update when I returned to the download dialog, as the dialog received focus--sadly, I don't remember if it resembled the update announcement before the patch. But, sitting in the download window did not result in an update in the 10 seconds set in the Orca Preferences dialog.

dave