[orca-list] Progress bar updates speak when not focused

Hi,

I would like to get a sense of the community's feel about this.

Right now, if there is a progress bar in existence in any open program, I get the update messages spoken every 10 seconds. I believe that progress bar updates should only be spoken when the window/dialog containing the progress bar has focus. To me, it is annoying that, whenever I want to download something and continue working, I get an update every 10 seconds or I have to go into the Orca preferences to turn off the updates. I believe that requiring the progress bar's window to have focus before any updates are indicated can allow users to avoid a cluttered feedback environment.

I'll file the RFE this weekend unless the rest of the community is against the idea.

thanks,

dave