Re: [orca-list] Progress bar updates speak when not focused

Hi Wil and David,
I think this discussion is 2 fold.
1, should progress bars be announced if the window with progress bar
looses focus (that should not happen else it clutters the user's brains
as well )
2, should the progress bar only provide an update only when there is
really an update.
The second case means that the progress bar should not be announced by
orca unless there is a change, and it should be scilent when there is no
update even if the focus is in that window.

I brought this up because I felt that is what David was refering to when
he talked about the 10 seconds gap in every announcement of progress bar
update.

Is that what you were talking about David?

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.