Re: [orca-list] Orca "Where Am I" migrated to the new speech generator

Hi David:

Thanks for testing!

I've done a little light testing and only found one problem so far. In Thunderbird's Write window, if you are in one of the recipient fields and press where am I, you don't hear the contents of the text field--I hear "toolbar list item 4 of 4".

The label "toolbar" is a problem in both Firefox and Thunderbird that has been around for a long time and I have never gotten around to filing as a bug. In Firefox, labels are not read for the Location and Search text fields on the toolbar when "where am I" is pressed, just the overall label "toolbar". In the Thunderbird Write window, the same thing is true for the recipient and subject fields. I've tested in only a few dialog boxes within Thunderbird, and text fields are read correctly with their labels.

I'm confused. :-( Are you saying that the "toolbar list item 4 of 4" is new as of the "Where Am I" migration, or has it existed for some time?

Will