Re: [orca-list] Activating AT-SPI with a command?

On 09.02.2009 at 15:31:52 Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM> wrote:

Hi Hermann:

I think this might be the command you're looking for.  It enables the
accessibility infrastructure for GNOME.  You need to log out of the
desktop and back in for it to take full effect:

gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true

Unfortunately it does not work.
I remember having read something containing "registryd", but I'm not
sure whether this is what I need.
Besides logging in and out in LXDE seems tricky, since I have to do it
blindly. If I perform the steps needed, I don't seem to land on the
right button.
Note: There's a connection from within the Adriane environment to the
LXDE, but I want to try it without that, because there were issues,
which to describe belongs to Knoppix and not to Orca; so I want to test
the CD without this special settings.
Hermann