Re: [orca-list] urgent: Ubuntu 9.04 high-speed speech problem

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Jason White wrote:

Krishnakant <hackingkk gmail com> wrote:

Firstly this is not the ubuntu accessibility mailing list so such
questions will not get answered (at least not on a *urgent* priority ).

This is an important point: many of us here don't run Ubuntu and this limits
our capacity to help, especially given that the problem in this case appears
to be Ubuntu-specific.

It is ubuntu-specific in that ubuntu caused it, but there may have been an
orca based solution to this, or orca related knowledge that might have
contributed to the solution.

I would suggest subscribing to the Ubuntu accessibility list.

It was cross-posted to ubuntu-accessibility, as was Krishnakant's reply.

Also, carrying out a major upgrade hours before needing the machine for
important work might not be the best strategy.

No, really, ya think?  I was not expecting to be in this situation.  My
expecting to come up on this job with this rapidity, I had not yet figured
out a solution.
(Gnome was most highly damaged after an attempted upgrade to Jaunty, which
I only attempted after an upgrade to Jaunty on another machine worked
beautifully.)

If there is a lesson here, it is: solve all of your problems immediately,
rather than waiting to have time.

Regards,

Luke