Re: [orca-list] urgent: Ubuntu 9.04 high-speed speech problem

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Krishnakant wrote:

Firstly this is not the ubuntu accessibility mailing list so such
questions will not get answered (at least not on a *urgent* priority ).

and yet you are answering.:)  I am an orca user.  It is an orca related
question.  Thus this list seemed appropriate.

Any ways, try using orca with gnome-speech instead of speech dispatcher.

Interesting.  It was my impression that it did that by default.  It was
certainly using gnome-speech during the install (during which it worked
fine), and I thought, apparently incorrectly, that in Jaunty, installing
speech-dispatcher was a proactive step, not the default.

Luke