Re: [orca-list] urgent: Ubuntu 9.04 high-speed speech problem

On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 00:43 -0500, luke Davis wrote:
Hello

I have recently had to reinstall Ubuntu on my laptop, and went with 9.04.
Starting to regret it, since I wanted LVM, but the installer doesn't
include it, but that's neither here nor there.

My urgent usability problem is: orca is starting when I alt-F2 and type
orca, but it says everything at an incomprehensible high speed, as
described previously on this list.

I have tried the "touch ~/.pulse_a11y_nostart" solution oft-described on
these lists, but it had absolutely no effect.

I need this laptop for a job in a few hours--are there any other solutions
which might be implemented, since the touch option doesn't work?

an "ls .pulse*" gets:

.pulse_a11y_nostart  .pulse-cookie

Firstly this is not the ubuntu accessibility mailing list so such
questions will not get answered (at least not on a *urgent* priority ).
Any ways, try using orca with gnome-speech instead of speech dispatcher.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.