Re: [orca-list] Orca in TTY1 Console Problem $DISPLAY environment

Thanks John,

I must have gotten confused and not remembered if I was in console tty or in gnome-terminal.

While I'm writing this, I want to comment on how much I love your signature line.  Bravo for you!

One suggestion for the Orca crew that would make it better for visually impaired users,

Could it be suggested that the default setting under Orca Preferences, General Preferences, "Speak object under mouse" be enabled by default?

I know that development groups are always looking for cool things to do, so having already suggested that it would be delightful to have some way to enable a program and have it install orca and all the other programs needed for console text to speech.

I am personally blown away in amazement at home k3b the DVD and CD burner calls sub-programs and integrates many wonderful things all in one gui.  But such is Linux - one program doing something especially great.

Thanks for all your good work - it is a noble adventure and task that you are dong, and as one of your users, I wish to express my profound appreciation and gratitude for your efforts.

Best wishes to all and for your works,

David J. Ring, Jr.
Green Harbor, MA
USA