Re: [orca-list] Caps Lock Issue

Hi Alastair:

The behavior you describe sounds like something is resetting the
xmodmap.  When you have Orca running and the Caps Lock key is behaving
as expected, try running xmodmap in a terminal and saving the output.
Then, do the things you need to do to reproduce the problem and rerun
xmodmap, comparing the results to the prior run.

The thing I'd be interested in is if the lock modifier gets rebound to
the Caps Lock key.  If so, then we're running into something that I
don't think should be happening and it is also something that we cannot
really control easily from inside Orca (e.g., we could try to reset the
lock modifier each time we get something like a window activated or
focus event, but that would be kind of a silly way to workaround a bug
that lives somewhere else).

Will