[orca-list] Caps Lock Issue

Hi All

Firstly, many thanks for realising that it was webvissum causing the problem with firefox not saving page position, (I'd never have thought about disabling it).

Secondly, in my email last week I mentioned a problem I was having with caps lock when using laptop layout. I thought the problem was that it wasn't being announced when toggled, but Will pointed out to me that it shouldn't be being toggled at all. Thus my description of the problem was wrong, the actual problem is:

1. When I start orca, the caps lock is purely the orca key, (which is what's supposed to happen). 2. If I switch to a text console and then back to gnome, pressing the caps lock key actually toggles caps lock, even if I'm using it in conjunction with something else as an orca shortcut. Clearly this shouldn't be happening.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it a peculiarity of my X setup? The only thing I have noticed is that in the console from which I started X, there is a message "dropping master", whenever I switch away from X, and "setting master", when I switch back to it. I don't know if this is normal, or even what master it is referring to. I also get the feeling that there is an increased chance of Orca crashing once I've switched to a text console and back, although this may just be coincidental.

I'm running orca 2.26.3 on an arch linux system.

Best wishes

Alastair Irving