[orca-list] Editing question and suggestion

Hi all

The following issues are from a semi newbie:

Is it possible to copy from the Gnome terminal I understand that Ctrl +
Shift + c copy highlighted text but is it possible to highlight text using
the keys also? Not sure if this is only a terminal issue or if Orca can help
here (my search on the net suggests only the mouse).

The following is a suggestion; perhaps I missed something.

In my screen reader in that other OS, when I press Ctrl + c to copy
something in a text editor it will say if the text is highlighted (selected)
'copied' and if not selected it will say nothing to copy and similarly for
cut and paste.  And if indeed this feature is missing in Orca I wonder if
this could be implemented as I find this feature very useful.

Thanks
Regards
Isaac