Re: [orca-list] Caps Lock Issue

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 09:32:52AM -0400, Willie Walker wrote:
Hi Alastair:

The behavior you describe sounds like something is resetting the
xmodmap.  When you have Orca running and the Caps Lock key is behaving
as expected, try running xmodmap in a terminal and saving the output.
Then, do the things you need to do to reproduce the problem and rerun
xmodmap, comparing the results to the prior run.

The thing I'd be interested in is if the lock modifier gets rebound to
the Caps Lock key.

That's exactly what's happening.  At least its not an Orca problem;
I'll have to try and track down why its being reset.

Many thanks

Alastair