Re: [orca-list] Orca Key behavior/customization (was Re: More accessibility for orca issue)

Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM> writes:
This is a nice discussion and thanks for bringing it up!  I'm curious
about the user interface we'd present for the various features.  How do
these sound?

1) Bypass function: press a special key combination once and Orca
ignores all key combinations except one, which is the one to turn
bypass off.  For example, Orca+Delete could be used to toggle the
on/off of the bypass feature.

OK.

2) Sticky key for Orca key: Perhaps treat the Orca key always as a
specialized sticky key -- press it 2X in a row with no other keys and
the Orca modifier is locked.  Press it again and it becomes unlocked.

OK, but I think twice is a low value. One might press it unintended,
so perhaps three times?

3) Modification of the Orca key: this one might be tough (but not
impossible) to accomplish if we wanted to allow the user to press *any*
key on the keyboard to define the Orca key.  But, we could potentially
limit the choices and present the user with a combobox.

I think we should limit it and present a combo box with possible
choices; it's better for security reasons.
Hermann

--
All peoples would live in peace, if they could give up only two things: God
and Country.

Alle Völker würden in Frieden leben, könnten sie nur auf zwei Dinge
verzichten: Gott und Vaterland.