Re: [orca-list] Running brltty at startup with Orca.

Fabrizio Marini <erbizionostro tiscali it> writes:

Daniel Dalton ha scritto:
Well first add your options in /etc/brltty.conf

that's one of the problems. For a mistake, i deleted my
/etc/brltty.conf file. Where can i obtain it, to adapt it to my configuration?

You can create it by your own, using the most important parameters:
braille-driver al
braille-device ttyS0
text-table it
This starts your braille display with the most important parameters,
provided you don't use speech and you don't use grade2, but I suspect
it isn't available for Italian.

Once you are sure braille works, get it to start at boot-up: this is
usually achieved by editing  one of your startup scripts.

I would like to do something like:
update-rc.d brltty defaults

Will I be right?

Yes, this should work, and after it starts successfully, you can check
braille in the Orca preferences dialog.
Hermann