Re: [orca-list] Running brltty at startup with Orca.

On Fri, 23 May 2008, Fabrizio Marini wrote:

Dear lists,
I just installed Ubuntu Hardy on my pc with Orca and all seems to be right.
I now would like to use my Braille display under linux with Orca and
brltty. What do I have to do?

Well first add your options in /etc/brltty.conf
Make sure braille works from a text-console and then in orca.
Once you are sure braille works, get it to start at boot-up: this is usually achieved by editing one of your startup scripts. I personally use /etc/init.d/rcS but I'm sure people will disagree, I just use it because it works for me. Then add a call to brltty, supplying any command line options if required, but you should have all this set up in /etc/brltty.conf for convenience.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d dalton iinet net au>