Re: [orca-list] Orca and Administration in Ubuntu 8.04 steps.

On Mon, 19 May 2008, Mike Reiser wrote:

I personally found the instructions on the orca wiki very confusing. You got no speech feedback to guide you when you started inputting the commands and none to tell you if they were entered correctly or not. I feel a little more

Well, you didn't really need any, anything you typed there would just be written to the file, so what should it say?
The terminal doesn't say anything, so what should orca say?

comfortable editing it in a text editor then I do in the command window for some reason. As for running orca s root it doesn't say to do that so I

OK, although I'm working on a script to automate the process, just run it like
sudo ./scriptname.py
And it should sort it all out for you.
I have some things going on in my life, so haven't got time to keep working on it.

dunno.

I'm not sure where that came from, it didn't say that and I have never had to do that.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d dalton iinet net au>