Re: [orca-list] Page presentation issues

Actually, I'm glad Orca doesn't linearize tables or break up the line and
put links on single separate lines.  I guess to each his own.  But I
personally find the virtual buffers used in Window-Eyes and Jaws to be quite
disturbing; they totally mis-represent the actual page layout in reality.
Try going over a web site with a sighted person and you'll see what I mean.
When I've attempted that, we end up on separate planets.  The sighted person
can't relate to what I'm hearing with the windows screen reader and they can
never find what I'm referring to.

When I use Orca and listen closely, I can tell when there are multiple links
on a line and I can then either tab over to each link or sometimes I find it
easy enough to use the insert-right arrow key combination to jump to each
successive link.  I can also verify what I'm sitting on by hitting the
numpad-enter key and if it says link same page or link other page, then I'm
good to go and hit the regular enter key to activate the link.  I can do the
same thing with form fields too.

For finding stuff, I just use the ctrl-F command in Firefox and the cursor
has always been placed where I wanted it with the find.  Orca does have an
internal find command invoked by pressing the period key on the numpad but
when I tried that in Firefox, it seemed to get really sluggish and never
quite worked for me.  Maybe I missed something there.

Many pages seemed to navigate plenty fast for me but I do notice
sluggishness when using the structural navigation keys and especially if no
headings are found and it wraps around to top; that's the worst part.