Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu installer fixed?

Daniel Dalton wrote:
On Tue, 13 May 2008, Cody Hurst wrote:

Hi list,

   So I've heard that someone, I think Luke, got the installer to talk
in Ubuhtu 8.04. I'd be interested to know what the issue exactly was,
and if the fix is something I can do now, or if it something in a new
ISO from the site.

It worked for me. You just start the installer and load your accessibility
profile from the boot screen and it will come up with the talking
installer.
Not sure what he did, but if you just download the latest hardy iso from
ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
It will work.
Think its more complicated than just hacking an old iso.

I just want to add one comment, that's only partially related to this:
The accessible installer on the alternate CD has gone. Just tested it yesterday, and had to realize, that I cannot do an install with the braille display anymore. Very annoying, since the accessible installer from the live CD does not work on both of my machines.
So the only way is via upgrade/dist-upgrade.
Hermann