Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu installer fixed?

On Tue, 13 May 2008, Cody Hurst wrote:

Hi list,

  So I've heard that someone, I think Luke, got the installer to talk
in Ubuhtu 8.04. I'd be interested to know what the issue exactly was,
and if the fix is something I can do now, or if it something in a new
ISO from the site.

It worked for me. You just start the installer and load your accessibility profile from the boot screen and it will come up with the talking installer.
Not sure what he did, but if you just download the latest hardy iso from
ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
It will work.
Think its more complicated than just hacking an old iso.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d dalton iinet net au>