Re: [orca-list] speech dispatcher (Re: punctuation not spoken properly when reviewingbycharacter in firefox)

Rich Caloggero wrote:
Also, can you be specific as to whether speech dispatcher will solve the
"multiple audio sources into one sound card" issue?  I'm still not clear
whether this is strictly a sound card driver issue (i.e. will it all be
cleared up if I use alsa), or do I need a properly installed alsa and speech
dispatcher, or some other system components?

Hello Rich,

more precisely, it is ALSA dmix what solves the problem.  Speech
Dispatcher only makes it possible to use ALSA with speech synthesizers,
which don't support ALSA natively.

Best regards, Tomas