To: "Steve Holmes" <steve holmesgrown com>
Cc: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 1:20 PM
Subject: [orca-list] speech dispatcher (Re: punctuation not spoken properly when reviewingbycharacter in firefox)

Hi All:

Just to be clear: gnome-speech has not been deprecated and the speech
dispatcher support in Orca is still not officially supported.  This does
not mean that the two situations will not change in the future, though.
 As a matter of fact, I'm definitely for trying to find the appropriate
means to remedy the overall speech (and audio for that matter) issues
from a platform perspective.

I know a number of Orca users are working happily with Speech Dispatcher
0.6.6, and I also know a few are working to harden and improve Speech
Dispatcher overall.  Kenny, David, Tomas -- if you're reading this, can
you give us a good idea of where things stand right now?

Will

Steve Holmes wrote:
I thought it was with all speech interfaces.  I personally use speech
dispatcher exclusively.  I don't do gnome-speech.  I thought gnome-speech
was depricated.