Re: [orca-list] Loss of Speech After Idle

Bob Tinney wrote:
Using the gnome interface and the computer icon, I can access all of my
drives and directories, but when I go into a Gnome-terminal, I can't
get to those same ddirectories.

Hello Bob, I believe you can, the only problem being you don't know
where to look for them.  The Gnome file manager shows the things
organized for your convenience, but in terminal, you need to know where
exactly is each drive/directory mounted to the filesystem.  Removable
drives, for example, are mounted under the /media directory on Debian
(this should be similar on Ubuntu).  All mount points can be listed
using the mount command.  Hope this helps.  Tomas