From: "Willie Walker" <William Walker Sun COM>
To: "Steve Holmes" <steve holmesgrown com>
Cc: "Orca E-mail List" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Loss of Speech After Idle

Hi Steve:

Under the "Preferences" menu (usually available via the "System" menu on
the gnome-panel, which you can get to via Alt+F1 and a couple right
arrows on many distributions), there's a "Screensaver" menu item.  When
you choose this, the screen saver preferences dialog should appear.  In
that dialog, there should be a "Lock screen when screensaver is active"
checkbox.  If all works well, unchecking that checkbox and closing the
dialog should disable the lock option.  I hope.  :-)

I'm not sure about the lock option available from the logout dialog, but
I suspect it would probably override any setting you made in the
screensaver preferences dialog.  That is, I'd guess it would lock the
screen no matter what.

Hope this helps,

Will