Re: [orca-list] Speech-dispatcher 0.6.6 is a huge improvement!

ïThose of us using Fedora need to hammer them off their current
implementation which doesn't launch audio until after a gdm login.
Rather, it should be an /etc/init.d type Fedora service, imho.

Unfortunately, Ubuntu currently has the same problem. So now I no longer
get the nice little bongo sound when it's time to login. I know it may
be insecure, but I set my system to autologin to avoid this problem for
now, since I am the only login account on the system and I don't have
anyone here who will intentionally fsck up my system. <smile> But I
definitely agree that there should at least be a system-wide pulseaudio
running alongside my user account's pulseaudio so that accessible login
is once again possible.

Live long and prosper,
Lorenzo
--