Re: [orca-list] Speech-dispatcher 0.6.6 is a huge improvement!

Now that the SMP bug has been fixed, I am totally in favour of a move to
speech-dispatcher by default for Orca. Here it just works better. Plus,
ESpeak can use pulseaudio when run through speech-dispatcher, which
gives it much greater versatility, especially if you have a single
channel sound card or multiple sound cards, or if you want to do
something really cool like have your music come out the front speakers
and speech come out the back speakers. I haven't done that yet, but I
use a USB sound card which allows me to turn my headphones down, since
my speakers don't have their own headphone jack. So I basically let
speech come through my USB sound card and everything else come through
the speakers unless I want to play it through my headphones. Well,
enough about my setup, speech-dispatcher+orca+pulseaudio just rocks!

Live long and prosper,
Lorenzo
--
Make a change. Make a difference.