Re: [orca-list] Some speech-dispatcher questions

Hermann wrote:
I compiled it from the sources, but I had to do some manual work:
It didn't add a user "Speech-dispatcher", and it didn't create the log
and pid files/directories with the appropriate rights; had to do this
manually - much work!

I'm not sure it is possible to automatize this.  Manual setup is needed
when installing from sources.  Automation is the advantage of packages...

Orca talks, but one question remains: Does the compiler replace
python-speechd by the latest version? How can I chekc this out?

There was no change in python-speechd since 0.6.5, so you should be fine
even with the older version.

Best regards

Tomas