Re: [orca-list] Some speech-dispatcher questions

Hermann napsal(a):
where can I find the latest SD packages for Ubuntu?
Hello Hermann,

the latest version 0.6.6 is available from the Ubuntu Hardy
repository.
Furthermore: Does it make sense to install Pulseaudio? What's the
advantage of Pulseaudio compared to Alsa?
Pulseaudio is a very promising audio output technology
for the future. It is possible to controll audio connections
from different cliens (e.g. volume), it is transparent over
network, it could do sophisticated mixing, audio stream
redirection, it is very well extensible etc. However, currently
there are still some issues both in Pulse Audio and
in Speech Dispatcher module for Pulse Audio, so I don't
know if there are any immediate advantages
right now.
Finally: The SD crash, that occurs when Ubuntu performs updatedb, still
persists. No solution for that? Perhaps an update?

Please let us know if it persists with the latest version 0.6.6.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke