Re: [orca-list] auto-starting speech-dispatcher 0.6.6

am So 17. Feb 2008 um 22:17:58 schrieb Daniel Dalton <d dalton iinet net au>:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008, Guy Schlosser wrote:

Hi all, I recently installed speech-dispatcher 0.6.6 on my box
running ubuntu gutsy.  For some reason, I can get it running
beautifully with orca and IBMTTS if I enter sudo speech-dispatcher
from a terminal.  How do I get this to run so it will start up
automatic with the computer?  Should I set
/etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher to run as root, instead of running as
speech-dispatcher?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Before editing a lot of files, I recommend to test whether SD runs at
all:
spd-say "hello"
Take a look at:
/var/log/speech-dispatcher/speechd.log
is:
/var/run/speech-dispatcher/speech-dispatcher.pid
there?
Who owns that file (ls -l)?
Guy: Did you install from Ubuntu or did you get the packages from a
different sorce? If this is the case: Ask Tomas to send you a modified
speech-dispatcher startup script, that makes sure the pid file is
created.
If nothing helps, see Daniel's suggestions.
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)