Re: [orca-list] auto-starting speech-dispatcher 0.6.6
- From: Daniel Dalton <d dalton iinet net au>
- To: Guy Schlosser <guyster bex net>
- Cc: orca list <orca-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [orca-list] auto-starting speech-dispatcher 0.6.6
- Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:17:15 +1100 (EST)
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008, Guy Schlosser wrote:
Hi all, I recently installed speech-dispatcher 0.6.6 on my box
running ubuntu gutsy. For some reason, I can get it running
beautifully with orca and IBMTTS if I enter sudo speech-dispatcher
from a terminal. How do I get this to run so it will start up
automatic with the computer? Should I set
/etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher to run as root, instead of running as
speech-dispatcher? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Perhaps edit your distro's startup file.
Or just edit .bashrc and it should work when you log in.
Just add the line
I don't think it needs sudo.
The bashrc file may need it though.
d dalton iinet net au
] [Thread Prev