Re: [orca-list] Orca keynames

Hi Jochen:

I agree that these keys are not things that flourish in the wild. Glyphs for them do appear on keycaps, however, though often as graphical symbols instead of text. I hope we can come up with some translations. I would treat "compose" and "multi" as being identical, with the primary function of these keys being to compose a character using multiple keystrokes, as in "create" or "construct".

I did a little more research on KP_Begin and found this in keysymdef.h:

#define XK_End                           0xff57  /* EOL */
#define XK_Begin                         0xff58  /* BOL */

So, it seems as though the intent for Begin is the beginning of line (BOL). I'm not sure the key is ever really used this way. If there is a translation for begin in the context of "beginning of line", however, it's probably reasonable.

Hope this helps, and thanks for your work on translating!

Will