Re: [orca-list] Orca keynames

Willie Walker schrieb:
I just started to update the German translation of Orca but I've got
problems in understanding the meaning of following keynames:

Thanks for your hard work!
[...]
- mode switch: from my point of view there are different keys for
switching modes like Shft, Alt or Crtl. I don't know if one of these
keys is meant or if there is a separate mode switching key which I don't
know yet.

On my Sun keyboard, this is mapped to the physical key that is labelled "Alt Graph" and it is bound to Mod 3. I cannot find what it it mapped to on my Ubuntu box.

Perhaps the right Alt key in German: "Rechte Alttaste". or "Alt+gr".

- begin key: I haven't found anything about a begin key. Is this the
same key as Pos1 or is there a difference?

This is usually bound to the keypad 5 key (try "xmodmap -pk | grep -i begin"). I have no clue what it does.

In German: "nummernblock 5" or "Num 5".
Hermann